Scheme Categories for every Age and Ability
Scheme Categories for every Age and Ability
To join the Ridden or Inhand Scheme
costs just £10 per Pony.
Ponies may entered separately in both categories.
The scheme commences on 1st November 2017 and ends 31st October 2018.
1. Rider 5 years and under
2. Rider 6 – 8 years
3. Rider 9 – 10 years
4. Rider 11 – 14 years
5. Rider 15yrs and over – Any Ridden or Working Hunter Class.
Rider to be of suitable weight and size. Will be split if sufficient entries
6. Rider first year in the scheme
7. Lead Rein M & M
8. First Ridden M & M
9. Open Ridden M & M - AUNTIE VERA TROPHY
for pony with most ????????
10 M & M WHP
inc all WHP classes points in Ridden and Working M & M
11. GENERAL PURPOSE PONY
This class to include Cross Country, Dressage, Handy Pony, Long Distance Rides (5 points per mile, please state miles on card), Jumping, Ride section of Ride and Drive, Hunting and Displays. This class will be split as entries dictate. Cups will be awarded within the class.
12. Pony Club
13. Gymkhana Lead Rein
14 Gymkhana Off Lead
15 5 competitive events or less
16 Pony first year in scheme
17. Pony 34” and under
Champion Rider resident in Shetland
Overall Lead Rein Rider Champion & Reserve
Overall off lead Rider Champion & Reserve
SUPREME RIDER Champion & Reserve
Overall Pony - Lead Rein Champion & Reserve
Overall Pony - off Lead Champion & Reserve
NAN FRENCH SUPREME PONY CHAMPION AND RESERVE
Points will be published down to 20th place in the overall pony championship
Novelty Pony Championship
eg: Thelwell, Turnout, Hairiest Pony classes etc - Inhand and Ridden classes eligible.
1. All ponies must be Pedigree Ponies registered in the main body of the Shetland Pony Stud Book as a foal naming the Sire and Dam & Reg. Number and must be 4 years old and over in the Ridden section. All ponies must compete under their pedigree name. Ponies not holding a SPS-BS Passport will be checked for correct status and ownership with SPS-BS
2. The year extends from 1st November 2017 to 31st October 2018. Cards must be returned by 10th November, 2018 - Cards returned after this date WILL NOT BE INCLUDED.
Return cards to: Sue Bearcroft, Ropers Farm, Longdon Hill, Evesham. Worcs WR11 7RP
3. Results must be entered on the card provided and must be signed by an official of the event. It is the members responsibility to fill in the cards correctly and they will be marked only on this information (eg. M & M First Ridden P UK/NPS Qual).
4. All cups must be returned by June 30th 2019 and it is the responsibility of the recipient to return them in good order.
5. Shows must be affiliated to SPS-BS, NPS, PUK, B.D.S., CHAPS, BSPS or other similar Association or to a B.H.S. affiliated Riding Club, Pony Club or Event, or be advertised in Horse and Hound or other Horse/Pony publication.
6. a) The Ridden Junior scheme is open to Riders not to have attained their 15th birthday before 1st January, 2018.
Children 9 and under before 1st January 2018 may compete on the lead rein.
b) The over 15yrs Ridden Scheme is open to riders of a suitable weight and size.
c) The child handlers classes not to have attained their 15th birthday before 1st January, 2018.
d) The Inhand Scheme in all other classes is open to all ages, including adults.
7. The points will be awarded as follows:
a) Classes restricted to Shetland Ponies - 1st - 50, 2nd - 45, 3rd - 40, 4th - 35, 5th - 30, 6th - 25, 7th - 20, 8th - 15, 9th - 10, 10th - 5
Champion - 20, Reserve - 10
b) Open Classes - 1st - 100, 2nd - 90, 3rd - 80, 4th - 70, 5th - 60, 6th - 50, 7th - 40, 8th - 30, 9th - 20, 10th - 10
Champion -- 50, Reserve - 25.
c) 50% extra points in qualifiers for PUK, CHAPS and NCPA.
DOUBLE POINTS in NPS and BSPS qualifiers and at the National Shetland Performance Show and the Shetland Breed Show. Points gained in any of these championships will be doubled.
d) SUPREME CHAMPION OF SHOW - 200, RESERVE SUPREME - 100
Shetland 1st - 12, 2nd - 10, 3rd - 8, 4th - 6, 5th - 4, 6th - 2
Champion - 10, Reserve - 5
Open 1st - 25, 2nd - 20, 3rd - 15, 4th - 10, 5th - 8, 6th - 4
Champion - 20, Reserve - 10.
All sections 4 races per show.
50 points if chosen for Pony Club C A team
30 points if chosen for Pony Club B team.
g) Best Shetland rosette - 10
h) Clear round - 10 (only one round per show)
i) Displays, Pony Club rallies or camp 20 points per day.
j) Tests passed - 40 points,
k) PPC Practice days 20 points.
l) Long Distance Rides (5 points per mile, please state miles on card)
PLEASE MAKE SURE WHEN MARKING YOUR CARDS THAT YOU STATE WHETHER CLASS IS SHETLAND ONLY OR OPEN M&M AND MARK ALL QUALIFIER CLASSES WITH CLASS & QUALIFICATION — FR M&M NPS Q = First Ridden M&M NPS qualifier
8. Should a member wish to object to the actions of another member of the performance awards, that member should submit the objection in writing with two independent people to corroborate the objection. Should the objection be upheld the offender may be barred from joining the performance awards for the following season.
The performance awards working party reserve the right to refuse to accept entry in the Ridden and In Hand scheme.